Anyway, too much going on in this head of mine... lately I've been feeling like I'm hovering. I walk through the house and can be close to tears as I start to write the memories of these tidbits I pass, hoping I can stop time, or at least have a mind that will be able to recall.
Sounds sad, but I'm not, yet I feel it.
Like yesterday. It was a hot day. After purchasing a 25 cent cup of lemonade from our neighbor, Atticus decided that he too, wanted to make some money. This is all it took, the desire to make some cash, saving for a pack of Pokemon cards. He made the signs, "Sweet Tea Sweetened with Raw Honey" (not to compete with our neighbors lemonade of course) "50 cents" (bigger cups, ice, lemon slices, straw and don't forget the raw honey). I ran to the store for more supplies, Jody got the table and Coleman cover out, the brothers caught up in Attie's entrepreneur zeal were bouncing around giddy. The anticipation is always the most fun, isn't it?
The sun was getting hotter and the Mason jar was full so it was time to head in... you should have seen the satisfaction in his grin. Minus the $2.50 in change we spotted for start up, Attie made $8.50, and I think Luca made $5.00 (he started offering lemonade since the neighbor girls packed up their stand).
I started looking at this day from afar when later I noticed Attie jumping in the shower by himself and then starting the hair dryer....
Man, this was a big day in my book for Attie. He's got that spirit of competition that his older brothers don't seem to have (yet). A drive to go for something that he wants. There are more stories of that spirit, and more to come I'm sure!
And then later that night (after I dropped a big semi-teasing hint during our game of UNO), "who'd like to rub mommies feet before bed?" : ) Luca and Gavin jumped on the idea. Of course, my two givers.
After Luca rubbed my feet, I offer to rub his, "Sure" uneasily, "if you want to rub 'em" he adds. Of course I do.
And I notice, my lil' guy, so tall and lean, his toes so perfectly lined and such soft skin. Just turned 8, but still so little.
So, those are my thoughts.
A side note: My friend and I are trying to start a blog writing some lingering thoughts we thought would be fun/entertaining (to us) to share. I keep writing in my head, but finding the inspiration leaves when I finally make it to the computer!
Now I must go hover over the toys I saw walking to my office-back to the house!

Caleb and Atticus Summer 2009
3 comments:
Sweet.... is all I have. Just so stinking sweet :)
I know this feeling well, Stacie, and I enjoyed reading you tell about it! Too much beauty in the little details that your heart could burst. You want to hold on to those moments forever.
Post a Comment