Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Catching Up!

ok, so the focus was on Caleb,but the look on Gavin's face is just too sweet. Caleb was kissing on him.

sorry about the picture not being rotated, these are straight out of the camera and I haven't touched the folder yet...


He loved the sand, he was actually eating it! His squinty eyes say it all!
Ok, I am way behind on this blog. I've attempted to make an update, but get side tracked trying to create a different look to it, but then frustrated that what's in my mind and with the limits of this blog, I can't seem to create. Plus, I noticed that when I upload pics using Picasa, it freaks out and doesn't work all the time, so now I will go back and try to fix those pictures again. But before that I'd like to post some of our trip to Maui and of Gavin's first birthday.

Jody and I spent 8 days in Maui (with Gavin) in the beginning of April. We had a great time, arguing, making-up, sleeping in (sort of) lounging and visiting a few old friends we made when we lived there in 1998.
Gavin turned 1 year on April 21st, 2007. He took his first steps in Maui a week before his birthday, but is just now liking to get around on his own. Everyday he takes a bigger challenge getting around by foot, but still crawling is much faster! :)
We also had the first time experience of one of our boys breaking a bone! Luca was running away from Jody during a game of family ball tag, jumped off the trampoline to land on his left elbow. He was such a brave and strong boy through it all. He only has to have the cast on for 4 weeks, which will be up late next week! He has learned to tie his shoes, put on a shirt and button his pants with the use of nearly one hand! :) He said the first thing he wants to do is ride his bike, when the cast comes off.
Jody and I are excited to start our photography business. Sounds so formal saying "business" but I'm thrilled with the whole process. We have been given a gift put right in our laps by our friend from college. She and her husband have had a wonderful and quite successful photography business grow in the last 4 1/2 years. Something of a gift to them as well, that grew unexpectedly, and through some heart aches. Her story is very tender and inspiring.

They have asked us to shadow them through this wedding season, in hopes of becoming one of their associate teams.
As most of my friends and family know, photography has been a long time hobby of mine and a hobby that would one day turn into a full time job. Being a stay at home mommy since 1999, the last few years I have spent thinking of something that would allow me to be creative and produce something that I enjoyed. Photography is that for me and starting the business side of it feels good, like the timing of my motivation and willingness to take a risk are merging at the same time! Jody's up for it too, by the way. Over our 13 years of marriage, he's been the one to suggest, encourage and support whatever it took for me to feel happy and healthy!
So in the next couple of months we hope to have a website up, business cards and our name out there....stacielee photography! Jody suggested me using my maiden name.

And if all goes well, we are working on building a new two car garage that will allow us to have an office above the garage (Jody could then work from home everyday), and a studio unit that will triple as a place to welcome visitors a place to stay, an extra room to entertain, and a photography studio. It will have a small kitchen, bathroom/walk in closet and then the main room, opening up to our backyard.
How are they doing all this you wonder? Me too, believe me.....I've learned that you have to try to find out. We're going one step at a time, deciding if we can do the next step with the creative resources we can come up with. We're selling stuff we don't need, including the truck. We're hoping that things will come along with photography, too. It won't bring in a ton over night, but over the next few years I hope we'll be able to depend on it.
Whew, that was a lot of catching up!
Oh-so much joy to you all! Stacie








No comments: